GX Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GXDA Champion

Aster Phoenix
Dorm Prefects
Latest topics
» whats up im new
by villadsbg Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:07 pm

» Points System + Store
by Yugo Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:42 am

» Dorm Prefects
by Admin Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:19 am

» GXDA#203 Post Duel Press Conference.
by Zane Truesdale. Tue May 30, 2017 1:08 am

» GXDA#203 Deadkiller vs Garbrandt. (Results)
by Zane Truesdale. Tue May 30, 2017 12:38 am

» GXDA#203 DeadKiller vs Garbrandt.
by Zane Truesdale. Tue May 30, 2017 12:26 am

» Superheavy Samurai Deck
by Daniel8503 Sat May 27, 2017 5:36 pm

» TCG BANLIST 2017
by Blair Flannigan Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:13 am

» An important announcement, I am sorry.
by Daniel8503 Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:13 am

Discord Voice Chat

Yu-Gi-Oh! D&D Idea

Go down

Yu-Gi-Oh! D&D Idea Empty Yu-Gi-Oh! D&D Idea

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:46 am

Hi all,

This post wont make too much sense right now but I'm just writing my ideas down to eventually form a logical post.

D&D (Dungeons & Dragons) Is a game where the Dungeon Master tells an interactive story that allows the players to do almost anything they want within the mechanics of the world, usually it's a game based upon orcs, elves, dwarves etc. almost like a middle earth adventure. However I am trying to convert the game to a Yu-Gi-Oh! Styled adventure, where rather than using weapons you use your deck. While you will very rarely if ever be dueling. using probability and premade decks we can judge certain events based of casual dice roles, as well as effectiveness of cards.

Now that might not make sense, let me give you an example. you are walking alone, and suddenly are attacked by a "Hurricail"
Normal Monster
Lv 2
WIND
Spellcaster
ATK/ 900 | DEF/ 200
You would get a reaction, so using a base Luck stat of +7. with a deck of 40 cards you would choose a card you wish to draw. "Sakuretsu Armor" which being ran at 3 has a base probability stat of 8% meaning you'd have to roll at least an 18 to draw on a d20. If you roll an 11 or higher to draw this card.
Sakeretsu armor is naturally effective against a monster attack, so you would then roll a d6 for effectiveness. being a proficient counter you would only need to roll a 2 or higher. rolling a 1 being a critical fail. If you did that you would destroy the attacking monster.
If you didn't draw a good enough counter and still took damage, you would take anywhere between 0 and 900 Hit Points. obviously starting with 4000. depending on damage done.
For a higher energy cost you can draw more cards to increase your probability. and also do cooler combo's for example summoning Elemental Hero Bubbleman and equipping him with Bubble Blaster to get a more powerful monster/effect.

I haven't worked out all the possibilities and a lot of it will just happen off the cuff during the event

For those who don't know this will be done entirely on voice chat.

So with that being the way that combat is done, I just wanted to gauge your guys ideas if you would be interested, obviously there would still be many other D&D things involved, for example healing, world modification, NPC interactions, quests etc. The thing I can suggest is, if you've seen the arc where Kaiba Mokuba Yugi Joey Tristain Duke etc. etc. all go into those pods and join that Kaiba Virtual World. it would work very similarly to that just a lot more indepth.

As I said this is really really short, and to post a full guide wouldn't be logical to read, but If i have it all written down it can be used as a reference point for in game.

Character Name:
Your name:
Profile Pic:
Sex:
Weight:
Race:

• Human
  • Elf
  • Gnome
  • Halfling
  • Half-Orc
  • Dwarf
  • Goblin
  • Orc

(Note it is perfectly acceptable to just have a team of Human's if it's wished.)
Alignment:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alignment_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)
Class:

• Barbarian
  • Bard
  • Cleric
  • Druid
  • Fighter
  • Monk
  • Paladin
  • Ranger
  • Rogue
  • Sorcerer
  • Warlock
  • Wizard

(This won't affect your character but more the deck that you choose, sticking to these Classes make the rest of the Character Creation Easier. Some of these cross over a lot so we can streamline this)
Background:
(Job rather than Backstory)

Back to top Go down

Yu-Gi-Oh! D&D Idea Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! D&D Idea

Post by Jim "Crocodile" Cook Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:42 pm

Aster, good stuff.
Jim
Jim "Crocodile" Cook

Back to top Go down

Yu-Gi-Oh! D&D Idea Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! D&D Idea

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:18 pm

you 100% didn't read this xD