GX Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GXDA Champion

Aster Phoenix
Dorm Prefects
Latest topics
» whats up im new
by villadsbg Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:07 pm

» Points System + Store
by Yugo Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:42 am

» Dorm Prefects
by Admin Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:19 am

» GXDA#203 Post Duel Press Conference.
by Zane Truesdale. Tue May 30, 2017 1:08 am

» GXDA#203 Deadkiller vs Garbrandt. (Results)
by Zane Truesdale. Tue May 30, 2017 12:38 am

» GXDA#203 DeadKiller vs Garbrandt.
by Zane Truesdale. Tue May 30, 2017 12:26 am

» Superheavy Samurai Deck
by Daniel8503 Sat May 27, 2017 5:36 pm

» TCG BANLIST 2017
by Blair Flannigan Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:13 am

» An important announcement, I am sorry.
by Daniel8503 Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:13 am

Discord Voice Chat

Obelisk Blue Girls Homework

3 posters

Go down

Obelisk Blue Girls Homework Empty Obelisk Blue Girls Homework

Post by Ciphermask Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:31 pm

Hello, this is Professor Cipher calling forth all members of the Obelisk Blue dorm. You may be in the upper echelon of the academy, but that is no excuse to shirk your studies. This is a duel academy after all, and what is a big part of dueling? That's right, effective deck building. While the meta game may be well-defined with few gaps, a true duelist of Obelisk level should always be able to turn any sort of theme given to them into a winning strategy. To make sure your skills remain in tip top shape, I've devised this homework lesson to draw upon those deck building skills that some of you may be neglecting. A side deck is encouraged for the deck as well, so please take that into consideration.

Your assignment will be this: You are to create a deck incorporating either Aqua and/or Fairy monsters into your primary strategy. This shouldn't be terribly hard for upstanding duelists and students such as yourselves, so I have no doubt that you can create something both fun and effective out of these underused types.

Grading Criteria Basics:

I wouldn't just give out a homework with no reward, of course. Now I realize that DP isn't of as much use to such high ranking members such as yourselves, so instead, I offer you an alternative. As Obelisk Blue dorm members, your goal is to obtain Pro Points or PP and eventually take on the Pro Challenge. You can earn a maximum of 10 PP from this assignment, which is equivalent to beating one of your fellow Obelisk Blues in a 1v1 duel. Upon finishing your deck, you can post a screenshot of it in this thread where it will be graded by me. You will be awarded an amount of PP in accordance to how it compares to the grading criteria. You may only complete this assignment once. Other members are free to offer tips and advice that could help make any decks turned in better.

I look forward to seeing what the shining stars of GXDA will come up with for this assignment.
Ciphermask
Ciphermask

Back to top Go down

Obelisk Blue Girls Homework Empty Re: Obelisk Blue Girls Homework

Post by The Inkweaver Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:07 pm

Homework submission

Spoiler:

The Inkweaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciphermask Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:02 pm

The Inkweaver wrote:Homework submission

Spoiler:

Seems to me that it's a typical Melodious deck with all of the usual trappings. You have your light stun elements in order, so strong fusion plays, and a good range of Xyz to help as outs to certain situations. I'm personally not a fan of running Utopia Ray as an extra fodder for Lightning, but if you insist on having one, I believe that Utopia Prime will fill the niche better as he has more practical use in the event that the situation where you can use him arises. There isn't a whole lot I can say about this other than that you've played it very safe, which is fine. The deck will certainly function on its own and it keeps to the theme of fairies as well. I'd like to see a nice personal spin on the deck because it doesn't seem much different from other Melodious builds, but I can't knock you too hard for sticking to the formula.

I will award you 70 DP for your deck.
Ciphermask
Ciphermask

Back to top Go down

Post by The Inkweaver Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:59 pm

Honestly haven't looked at other builds. Just went with what's worked for me

The Inkweaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciphermask Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:36 pm

The Inkweaver wrote:Honestly haven't looked at other builds. Just went with what's worked for me

That's to be expected. When you play an archetype-based deck, you'll eventually stumble upon the optimal ratios of cards. The optimal ratios and tech are rarely different within an archetype deck.
Ciphermask
Ciphermask

Back to top Go down

Post by The Inkweaver Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:37 pm

Yeah, that's true. Still makes me wanna try something different.

The Inkweaver

Back to top Go down

Post by B@T Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:37 pm

basically he wants to experiment
B@T
B@T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down