GX Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GXDA Champion

Aster Phoenix
Dorm Prefects
Latest topics
» whats up im new
by villadsbg Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:07 pm

» Points System + Store
by Yugo Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:42 am

» Dorm Prefects
by Admin Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:19 am

» GXDA#203 Post Duel Press Conference.
by Zane Truesdale. Tue May 30, 2017 1:08 am

» GXDA#203 Deadkiller vs Garbrandt. (Results)
by Zane Truesdale. Tue May 30, 2017 12:38 am

» GXDA#203 DeadKiller vs Garbrandt.
by Zane Truesdale. Tue May 30, 2017 12:26 am

» Superheavy Samurai Deck
by Daniel8503 Sat May 27, 2017 5:36 pm

» TCG BANLIST 2017
by Blair Flannigan Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:13 am

» An important announcement, I am sorry.
by Daniel8503 Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:13 am

Discord Voice Chat

Obelisk Blue Homework

2 posters

Go down

Obelisk Blue Homework Empty Obelisk Blue Homework

Post by Ciphermask Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:30 pm

Hello, this is Professor Cipher calling forth all members of the Obelisk Blue dorm. You may be in the upper echelon of the academy, but that is no excuse to shirk your studies. This is a duel academy after all, and what is a big part of dueling? That's right, effective deck building. While the meta game may be well-defined with few gaps, a true duelist of Obelisk level should always be able to turn any sort of theme given to them into a winning strategy. To make sure your skills remain in tip top shape, I've devised this homework lesson to draw upon those deck building skills that some of you may be neglecting. A side deck is encouraged for the deck as well, so please take that into consideration.

Your assignment will be this: You are to create a deck incorporating either Fish and/or Sea Serpent monsters into your primary strategy. This shouldn't be terribly hard for upstanding duelists and students such as yourselves, so I have no doubt that you can create something both fun and effective out of these underused types.

Grading Criteria Basics:

I wouldn't just give out a homework with no reward, of course. Now I realize that DP isn't of as much use to such high ranking members such as yourselves, so instead, I offer you an alternative. As Obelisk Blue dorm members, your goal is to obtain Pro Points or PP and eventually take on the Pro Challenge. You can earn a maximum of 10 PP from this assignment, which is equivalent to beating one of your fellow Obelisk Blues in a 1v1 duel. Upon finishing your deck, you can post a screenshot of it in this thread where it will be graded by me. You will be awarded an amount of PP in accordance to how it compares to the grading criteria. You may only complete this assignment once. Other members are free to offer tips and advice that could help make any decks turned in better.

I look forward to seeing what the shining stars of GXDA will come up with for this assignment.
Ciphermask
Ciphermask

Back to top Go down

Obelisk Blue Homework Empty Re: Obelisk Blue Homework

Post by AsianPichu Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:10 pm

Just try it, it works: https://i.imgur.com/GPmx9tA.jpg
AsianPichu
AsianPichu

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciphermask Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:55 pm

AsianPichu wrote:Just try it, it works: https://i.imgur.com/GPmx9tA.jpg

It seems to be a bit of a froggy take on the tried and true MerLantean deck that has seen scattered tops across the board in the past. You've basically taken the strength of the old deck that allowed it to pull OTKs out of nowhere and added in the newer Toadally Awesome to give it more stun power in the event that you don't end up winning in one turn. From the looks of it, it has powerful combos like your typical MerLantean deck with a few additional options. I won't say it's the most origina; thing, but I expected to see at least one of these when I announced the theme for this assignment. The addition of Toadally Awesome and a few Frogs give it a different twist and it's sure to be an effective deck all the same. Sad to see no side deck as though.

I will award you 75 points for your deck. It's a strong submission, but don't be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone and try some more cards from the theme of this assignment.
Ciphermask
Ciphermask

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianPichu Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:10 pm

"I will award you 75 points for your deck. It's a strong submission, but don't be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone and try some more cards from the theme of this assignment."

I don't think you know me well enough. I only play Madolches really. I just put this together in like 2 minutes, playtested it, and was pretty happy.

I was also debating on making toadallyawesome.dek which would just be a ton of water monsters to make bahamut shark to make toadally awesome. This wouldn't be as strong as what I presented though.
AsianPichu
AsianPichu

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciphermask Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:33 pm

AsianPichu wrote:"I will award you 75 points for your deck. It's a strong submission, but don't be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone and try some more cards from the theme of this assignment."

I don't think you know me well enough. I only play Madolches really. I just put this together in like 2 minutes, playtested it, and was pretty happy.

I was also debating on making toadallyawesome.dek which would just be a ton of water monsters to make bahamut shark to make toadally awesome. This wouldn't be as strong as what I presented though.

Oh boy, more Toad. The point of the assignment is to try things that often get overlooked, and Merlanteans and Toad are hardly that. That being said, I can see that this is something different than your usual.
Ciphermask
Ciphermask

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down