GX Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GXDA Champion

Aster Phoenix
Dorm Prefects
Latest topics
» whats up im new
by villadsbg Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:07 pm

» Points System + Store
by Yugo Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:42 am

» Dorm Prefects
by Admin Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:19 am

» GXDA#203 Post Duel Press Conference.
by Zane Truesdale. Tue May 30, 2017 1:08 am

» GXDA#203 Deadkiller vs Garbrandt. (Results)
by Zane Truesdale. Tue May 30, 2017 12:38 am

» GXDA#203 DeadKiller vs Garbrandt.
by Zane Truesdale. Tue May 30, 2017 12:26 am

» Superheavy Samurai Deck
by Daniel8503 Sat May 27, 2017 5:36 pm

» TCG BANLIST 2017
by Blair Flannigan Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:13 am

» An important announcement, I am sorry.
by Daniel8503 Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:13 am

Discord Voice Chat

Suggestions for the academy

2 posters

Go down

Suggestions for the academy Empty Suggestions for the academy

Post by Omega Shadow Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:41 pm

I will have to agree with Lelouch. There is a need for a divide between the testiing position and the moderator position.

A moderator's job should be first and foremost to keep the academy running. Hosting events, add/subtracting points and most importantly keeping the peace. They need people skills, which some of the staff sorely lack. I have been here less than a day and it has become painfully obvious that some "mods" don't know left from right. I will admit that some seem to have been promoted recently and could be learning the ropes. This however does not excuse, some of their speech and bias in the system.

For testing, you need efficient and competent duelists, who are well aware of the meta and OCG and can adept accordingly. They need to have a good understanding of how decks run and what side cards are useful in today's current meta. I am not suggesting to make them mods because you have more than enough of those. If a moderator is called for testing every minute, then that takes away time that could be spent on creating events or keeping member is check.

I understand that the academy is based on GX thus the ranking system is in place. Forcing a member into another rank however, is a wide disconnect from a proper model. Confirming with the member of the rank change is at least common courtesy. I see no reason a student must be forced into a higher dorm, regardless of their skill level. The purpose of the academy is to grow as a duelist, not to rank each other on a score board.
Omega Shadow
Omega Shadow

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for the academy Empty Re: Suggestions for the academy

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:00 pm

A moderator's job should be first and foremost to keep the academy running. Hosting events, add/subtracting points and most importantly keeping the peace. They need people skills, which some of the staff sorely lack. I have been here less than a day and it has become painfully obvious that some "mods" don't know left from right. I will admit that some seem to have been promoted recently and could be learning the ropes. This however does not excuse, some of their speech and bias in the system.

In regards to moderators they need to be able to test rather than "keep the peace" as we have admins that will deal with that 90% of the time.

For testing, you need efficient and competent duelists, who are well aware of the meta and OCG and can adept accordingly. They need to have a good understanding of how decks run and what side cards are useful in today's current meta. I am not suggesting to make them mods because you have more than enough of those. If a moderator is called for testing every minute, then that takes away time that could be spent on creating events or keeping member is check.

You're right except not having enough mods. we have 3 including Lucious.

I understand that the academy is based on GX thus the ranking system is in place. Forcing a member into another rank however, is a wide disconnect from a proper model. Confirming with the member of the rank change is at least common courtesy. I see no reason a student must be forced into a higher dorm, regardless of their skill level. The purpose of the academy is to grow as a duelist, not to rank each other on a score board.

If you are of slifer ability, why shouldn't you be able to choose to be obelisk?

It has no effect on the user except visually. That is the only downside

Upsides:
We can have solo dorm tourneys that are actually competitive
People know the ability of someone they are dueling when they are dueling new people in chat easily
People can test whether they are good enough for a dorm promotion by dueling people of the color of the dorm above.
etc.

Ultimately if you want everyone to have whatever colour they want join mada: http://mada-2014.canadian-forum.com/

This is intended to be a competitive Duel Academy while being suitable for duelists of all skill and who duel for whatever reason fun/anime etc.

Needless to say, the dorm update was voted for by the population: https://gx-duelacademy.forumotion.co.uk/t255-poll-dorm-system-upgrade#1979 as well as being something I want to be in place. so while I get your point. It's staying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Holira Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:32 pm

my suggestion is to skype me
Holira
Holira

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:46 pm

I'm fine as things are Holira. If you want your suggestion to be considered it's up to you xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Holira Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:33 pm

While you have nthing to lose from ignoring my reuest you also have nothing to gain from it
i do not like typing suggestios and such as people are known(yes people in this group including you) to misinterpret my text
I will not post my ideas on public scale either due to the fact that people have stolen the ideas as well
So while you may not feel the need to improve upon your current system (and you could improve a lot imo) it wouldnt hurt to hear them.
While others are comfortable to post things freely i am not.
Then you need to find some way for a voice chat(not the teamspeak)
And secondly, id like to chat about the advertisements as well as the back and forth texts are not working between us two
Holira
Holira

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:39 pm

Teamspeak is the only way we're going to do it as other texting applications will reduce activity and maybe kill the academy i'm not taking that risk

You said you weren't going to do it because not enough people here use YGOPro

Back to top Go down

Post by Holira Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:54 pm

you need to check your skype messages
And skypeing ONE person for these specified reasons isnt going to hurt the group
im not asking you to set up a skype group
im asking for person a to TALK to person b
Holira
Holira

Back to top Go down

Post by Holira Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:58 pm

this once again leads me to the misinterpretation part
Holira
Holira

Back to top Go down